Acorn Masterkey 61 MIDI Controller
|The Masterkey 61 USB MIDI controller keyboard opens the gate to computer music creation. Whatever your style of music, it delivers the control you need to unlock your creativity.
Express yourself on the 61 velocity sensitive keys, playing and recording in to any standard MIDI software program or the included Presonus Studio One Artist. The compact design fits perfectly on a computer desk and it’s easy to move when not in use.
Real-time controls such as the four knobs and the fader can be used to control instrument or mix parameters, even while you play. Professional-style pitch bend and modulation wheels allow you to add further articulation. The 3-digit LED display provides navigational feedback so it’s quick and easy to find the right menus for changing MIDI channels, sending out program changes, transposing or programming the real time controls. And if 61 keys are not enough, press the octave up and down buttons to shift the keyboard range up or down instantly.
Installation is straightforward, too. Simply plug Masterkey 61 into a USB port on your computer and the operating system will do the rest. Masterkey 61 is USB class-compliant, which means that no driver is needed for supported operating systems
|Masterkey 61 main features:
• 61 note, velocity sensitive, synth-style keyboard
• Pitch bend and modulation wheels (assignable)
• 1 assignable fader
• 4 assignable knobs for real time control
• 3-character red LED segment display
• 1 sustain foot switch input jack, type-sensing (foot switch not included)
• Quick-toggle between real-time functions Octave, Transpose, Program Change and MIDI Channel
• Advanced MIDI functions
• USB class-compliant. No driver needed
• Includes Presonus Studio One™ Artist
Assigning Controllers and Edit
Masterkey 61 would not be a controller keyboard without its real-time controls. The controls are pre-assigned with useful MIDI CCs. Some music creation software will instantly link these controls to useful parameters and most offers the ability to define the parameter links yourself using ‘click and learn’*. In some cases, you may need to change the MIDI CC assigned to each of these controls. Thanks to the LED display it’s easy too. Once in Edit mode, pressing the black keys will show the various menu options. No need to refer to the manual or a keyboard chart, it’s all there in the display. Select the key for assigning MIDI CC’s and type in the number. It’s that easy.
*’Click and learn’ is a common way to quickly assign real time controls to software parameters in music creation software. It normally involves selecting a parameter in the software, engaging ‘MIDI Learn’ and then moving a control on MasterKey 61 to link it. Please consult the documentation of your software to find out exactly how MIDI Learn works or alternatively how to link MIDI CCs to software parameters.
Presonus Studio One™ Artist
Studio One™ Artist is a powerful recording and production platform that lets you work quickly and stay focused on your inspiration. Incredibly easy to learn, it offers unlimited tracks and plug-ins and delivers features not normally found in entry-level DAWs.
Access powerful editing tools without wading through menus. Load and save audio clips, MIDI files, effects, and VIs by drag-and-drop. Need an instrument, effects plug-in, or drum loop? Just drag what you need from the content Browser, drop it into the arrangement, and everything is taken care of.
At mixdown, process your tracks using more than 20 high-quality Native Effects; Studio One’s cutting-edge mix engine delivers stunning results. Studio One makes it easy!
No other entry-level DAW is this easy to use, yet offers unlimited tracks and plug-in instantiations, extensive use of drag-and-drop, and in-depth editing features. Best of all, Studio One Artist is included with your Masterkey 61 USB keyboard!
Studio One™ Artist main features:
- Elegant single-window work environment
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player
- Most intuitive MIDI-mapping system available
- Real-time audio time-stretching and re-sampling
- Automatic delay compensation
- Advanced automation
- Instantly configures to PreSonus audio interfaces
- Compatible with ASIO-, Windows Audio-, and Core Audio-compliant audio interfaces
- 25 Native Effects™ 32-bit effects and virtual instrument plug-ins
- 4+ GB of third-party software, loops, and instruments
Unit Weight: 4.2lbs/2kg
Unit Dimensions: 31.5″ x 7.5″ x 3″
Masterkey 61 USB MIDI controller keyboard
6ft USB cable
DVD containing Presonus Studio One™ Artist and content material